Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Supersize Me

  1. #11
    Inactive Member = KA$H ='s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good comeback.

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member = KA$H ='s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So Swales, what sort of take-away do you enjoy when you're a bit peckish

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    My name is Philip.

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    If you require further convincing, I suggest you read both Fast Food Nation and Fat Land before consuming another Big Mac.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member callmeberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 2003
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "I'm aware their food is unhealthy, I'm aware their staff is shit, I'm aware of a lot of things about McDonald's."

    I'm aware that your an asshole!

    There's really nothing wrong with McDonalds. But agreed you shouldnt eat there everyday - diet is all about balance and variety.

    but "their staff is shit" what the hells that about? we're people too - it's food preperation - and it's done to the highest possible standard.

    nutritional information for everything is available and I havent seen Supersize me so I can't say how accurate it is but I have heard that some of his information is fictitious.

    but dont slam the staff at McDonalds 'cos I work there and my friends work there - and alright it may not be a glam job but I've made some good mates and I'm very happy there.

    problem is people think that because you work for a fast food outlet you MUST be thick as shit - Now I know I'm not.

    -Berty-

  7. #17
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Might be worth watching the DVD and then giving us the story from your side of the fence.


    Admittedly, the film is a bit biased, although they DO show a guy who has eaten there every day for about 20 years and never put on weight, so it's a little bit balanced.


    But you have to admit Charles, that not all the staff are as on the ball as you - I've been served by some goonshows in my time, as well as some decent people.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member richardmorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    in my experience most mcd's staff are a pickle short of a big mac

  9. #19
    Inactive Member = KA$H ='s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Why is it whenever I tell the staff that I want a Coke with NO ICE, they say "sure" and proceed to slap down a Coke WITH ICE on my tray.

    EVERY McDonald's I've been in, WHOEVER is serving me.

    The same shit everytime.

    This annoys me a great deal.

  10. #20
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, do you send it back and demand what you ordered?

    Or do you slope off and say nothing like most lily-livered Brits?


    If you don't complain, nothing will change, my friend.


    Fight The Power.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •